Brett's Blog
Edit     New

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Milk

Strange observation...

I can consistently give myself nightmares by drinking milk or eating ice cream at night.

Since paying attention to this phenomenon, I've also discovered that I have slightly more paranoid tendencies when I drink milk. No, I don't mean hearing voices, believing helicopters are going to get me, or anything like that... But I do notice I am more prone to suspiciousness, etc.

This is really interesting to me. While I must admit, this could have some idiosyncratic connection, this really has me wondering about paranoia in cultures, etc. I swear, after waking up, I felt like I'd be able to write horror films (though God forbid I'd ever want to).

Food for thought... (especially since milk is, as they say, a food)

In searching the net to see if there were any known medical connection between the two, I came across this article (which doesn't refer to my supposed connection) which I thought was interesting: http://www.vegsource.com/attwood/milk.htm. I then went to the Wikipedia article on milk and was disappointed to find something which read, in parts, like a milk brochure from some dairy farmer's association--which then made me think of Wikiscanner, the fascinating project to identify the source of Wikipedia edits -- see also http://www.maltastar.com/pages/msFullArt.asp?an=14323 and for ongoing examples, see http://wired.reddit.com/wikidgame/ ) and I wondered whether the dairy industry was editing the milk page. Then again, maybe this is a paranoid delusion brought on by the milk.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 
Brett's Blog Web