Brett's Blog
Edit     New

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Hello

Ok, so I've come to believe that blogs can be more than just belly-button picking exercises...If nothing else, I can keep track of what I am doing.

I'm moving from http://360.yahoo.com/brettz9 after hitting the back button erased what I had been doing. I also like the AdSense feature here, though I doubt this is going to be a page of interest to millions.

What I did today



The first day of my summer vacation, I... Sorry...

Chinese




Category: Done
1) Submitted Chinese Writings as permitted by publisher


Category: To-do
2) Waiting on seeing if someone can help convert Chinese to text with a few further books which are in PDF (as images).

Chinese study



Category: Done
1) Reached a very basic level for the "basic" 1062 characters of my study book.


Category: To-do
2) Find a way (SQL--FileMakerPro won't sort Chinese characters) to add mnemonics in a relational database (using other free existing resources). (see if chinalanguage.com/ or other places have free databases or make one--get info on radical, additional root, pinyin, simple and traditional characters, component characters, compounds, word frequency, topical category, etc.; do for Persian and Arabic at some point--transliterator--see http://allyourideas.com)

Baha'i



Category: Done
1) Cross-referenced this, this, and this for the sake of http://www.bahaiblog.net/?p=118 to show what Firefox tools exist related to the Baha'i Faith.

To move to Wikipedia if/when I am not somewhere it is blocked (volunteers to do it for me?)



Category: To-do
Category: Waiting
* To add http://mozilla.wikicities.com/wiki/CMEScript:Edit_wiki to here and
here. This is a useful script for a Firefox extension to allow you to jump immediately to a wiki page's edit page. This script can be modified for adding customized context menus where one wishes to append something within or at the beginning or end of a URL.
* Go to the former Wikipedia how-to page here to get the old code (the latest edit after mine which did not resort the items into skill, etc.--i.e., by topic) and bring it over to Wikibooks:How-tos_bookshelf to replace or as an alternate categorization. Question also at the Wikipedia why short how-tos should go to a domain about "books". See why it could not be kept there for shorter how-tos...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google
 
Brett's Blog Web